Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today's Angry Rant

Normally I wouldn't single out someone and call attention to them, and you will rarely hear me say something bad about them if I do...but South Carolina's lieutnant govenor Andre Bauer is such a schmuck that I have to say something. First of all, in case you missed it, here is what he said about welfare that has a lot of people enraged:
  "My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that."
  Wow. What really disturbs me is that people like this can even make it into public service in the first place. I can't say I'm totally shocked though because believe it or not, this is not the first instance I've seen of public officials having a holier-than-thou attitude, and I've even seen workers in the social service system with the same attitude. A large part of the problem with the system is the lack of compassion the people that are supposed to be there to help exhibit.
  If the good people of South Carolina have any sense, they'll throw Andre Bauer out on his butt before he does any serious damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment